Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Attempt at the DSO Colour Challenge - Papers


I thought I would try a couple of different things. I have been a long time reader of KimB’s blog and thought I would have a go at one of the monthly colour challenges that she hosts at DSO. I also thought I would try something a bit grungier. So here is my go at the colour challenge. There is a bit of a theme of boys and creeks and fishing sort of thing to it. I really enjoyed the papers. The first one using brushes, which is not something I have done a lot of. The brushes are from the very talented Stephanie (Obsidian Dawn). I was really almost scared of using brushes when I first got in February. But like all things the more you play with it the more fun you have and the more you learn. I am so grateful that these beautiful brushes are available. They are so inspiring. I did a striped paper and used a grunge overlay from one of Shauna’s CU packs at Scrap Orchard. I did a bit of experimenting with them on the argyle which used one of Kim Sheen’s CU templates from Scrap Orchard, and also on the fishing rod paper and the check paper. I think the check paper is inspired by my laundry floor at the moment LOL. Mud glorious mud at our house after the rain. The denim paper has a stitched edge using Atomic Cupcakes’ action. It is not shown in the paper preview but is in that download, I just didn’t see the point in putting it on there when I had used it as a background for the elements preview. The papers can be grabbed here. Let me know what you think, it is a bit of a jump out of my rut LOL.

5 comments:

LVMommy22 said...

oh erika, i LOVE LOVE LOVE these papers! i love the grungy look. it's another layer of texture to me. this is what i want to learn to create. i just dl'd some of stephanie's brushes to play with eventually. you are very inspiring, you know. thanks for everything: the goodies, the links to resources, the inspiration!

txbubbles said...

Terrific papers! I love the DSO color challenge, Kimmie always comes up with a great swatch! Girl, you have been busy, I haven't had time to troll the blogs for a while, did I mention I am getting ready to go to Cancun for 6 days? ROTFLMAO!!! P.S. There is a tiny corner left in my suitcase! How friendly do you want to get with Rena?
Hugs,
Vicki

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

Brenda said...

Wow - these papers are GREAT! I was already working on my LO for the challenge, and I'm definitely going to have to take advantage of these papers. Thanks for making it easier for me. :)

Sharon said...

Awesome! Thank you so much :)