Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Layout and Freebies


I was very good today and rested my ankle lots. I also managed to do some scrapping and that is always a good thing. I re-did a layout of my daughter from January. With the backlog I have you would wonder why redo one, but I really didn’t like the original and it is the first pages in her new album. I was using the Jump palette, but the pink on the fabric strip is a bit light, I didn’t adjust it properly to be a true Jump pink, but the flower is a Jump blue. I loved the alpha that Vicki (http://vicki20.blogspot.com/) did the other week for Dandelion Dreams (not to mention the soccer one LOL), and I so I did some elements in a similar style and with a “girlier” font. I am right into this white space (or in this case green space) at the moment. I have always been an uncluttered not fussy type of scrapbooker, and was really happy with this page. Since it was all stuff I had made myself (button from the button tin give aways) I thought I would turn it into a quickpage also. Hope you like it and you can download the elements and the QP here. I have to say I love the names of some of the cities people are from. Some really intrigue me and others give me itchy feet to come and see it, especially when the names suggest beautiful natural scenery.
Rug rats will be home soon, homework to supervise, dinner to cook, so I am off. I have some more greyscale fabric stuff I will post tonight or tomorrow.
Erika

2 comments:

LVMommy22 said...

the piggies wordart is perfect for a photo i have of my dd's feet/toes when she was a baby! super!

Vicki said...

Great layouts as always Erika. It's fun designing isn't it? Hugs xx