Tuesday, May 13, 2008

JUMP ing Bits and Some "wordart"

Last night I made a layout with photos from when we brought home one of our “fur babies”. Monty is our lilac point Burmese, and we got him before my daughter was born and I am only just scrapping those photos LOL. The big fluffy cat in the photo is Jasper our Ragdoll. We had him before we had children, and when my daughter was about 9months old we realised she was allergic to him. We were incredibly blessed that one of my mother in law’s friends who adored him, could offer him a home. He has his own double bed and is spoilt rotten. At the time we got Monty we weren’t sure how Jasper would react to him, but he was great, they settled very well together and were always cuddling somewhere. The photos were taken when we were living in Canberra and I feel cold just looking at them LOL.
I was not sure what I wanted to do with this layout. I was going to use pewter stuff, so made the quote and photo corners in pewter, then I abandoned that idea and stuck with the simple clean, white space look. It must be all those templates I saw at the Scrap Orchard challenge last week LOL. (I have to add the journalling yet !) But the photos were so clear and suited that more than a fussy layout. So I re-made the quote in tooled leather (I can hear you groaning – not leather AGAIN). I also made some photo corners in the leather, and a chipboard monogram letter M. The leather frame I used was from Pam (these are the ones that got me started on this leather thing) and that is one of her eyelets on the M. I also threw in to the download two “word art” pewter tags I have made in the last week. I love the one about being 4 it is for a layout about my daughter . The other one is actually a song title by an amazing Australian song writer Paul Kelly, the song is fantastic – From Little Things Big Things Grow. It is a great song (in true story telling fashion) about the Gurindji Strike, but has become a bit of an anthem about positive change that slowly grows a voice. I added tags to thread it on a ribbon and without the ribbon I think it looks like a tray. LOL. They are here for you to download. I think the wordart for from little things also applies nicely to family type layouts. I did the cat quote in brass for anyone who has a tortoiseshell cat !
Have a great day,
Erika

2 comments:

LVMommy22 said...

i love the 'from little things' quote! how perfect!

Karen M in FL said...

Thanks for "Jumping" through hoops to create these fun little add ons. I love your layout. I might be forced to try white space as well.